State Employees Credit Union began as a 2-person operation in a tiny office in 1957, with the intentions to better serve people who worked for the state of New Mexico. Since these humble beginnings, we've upheld this goal by providing friendly, personalized service to our members, backed by always-progressing, value-packed products and services.
Some of these ever-evolving offerings include:
- Reward Checking – Enjoy high dividends and nationwide ATM fee refunds — both for free! Get rewarded in your everyday banking with free Reward Checking.
- Member Loyalty Rewards – Treat yourself to rate discounts on loans and increases on deposit products by simple things like using direct deposit, having a credit card, and much more! Besides crafting a rewards program for our members, we also worked to secure major discounts at several other external companies. Whether you're banking or managing other aspects of your life, we want to ensure that you're always taken care of.
- A range of lending products – Don't just gain a loan. Gain a long-term relationship through State Employees Credit Union. We work very closely with you to custom-tailor terms that match up with your unique situation
- Convenience Resources – From our credit union-managed blog, to fraud prevention tips and more — we offer several convenience services to keep your banking life easy.
- Anywhere Access – Travel around the country and enjoy the same banking convenience as if you were in your hometown. Enjoy surcharge-free ATM access at over 30,000 ATMs, nationwide via our partnership with the CO-OP Network. Plus, bank-on-the-go at over 4,600 credit unions as if you were at your home branch thanks to our CU Service Center shared branching membership.
Not just another "customer"
Unlike being just another bank customer, becoming a member of State Employees Credit Union means you're becoming an active voice in a credit union that functions for your specific needs.
As a not-for-profit institution, rather than focus on personal gains, we pour any products back into the credit union to provide better rates, products, and services for you. Outside of simple banking needs, we also work hard to secure a number of Member Loyalty Rewards — providing you with value and discounts in several aspects of your life.
Then and Now
Since those very early days, State Employees Credit Union has expanded our branches, increased to a 35,000 membership, and grown our staff to 130 employees — all the while, remaining ever-dedicated to our founding commitment to our members. All of this was only possible because of your long-standing dedication to us.
If you're not already a State Employees Credit Union member, we'd like to invite you to a more-rewarding banking relationship that will always put you first. If you are, we'd like to sincerely thank you for your loyalty to us — and also vow to return the favor with many more years of the same respect you've given us.